At this time, phlebotomy certification is a requirement for anyone who wants to work as a phlebotomist in the State of California. Accredited phlebotomy training programs in Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento and the Bay Area are available to help individuals meet this requirement by preparing them for the certification exam.
California Phlebotomy Certification Requirements
To be eligible for certification in California, an individual must pass a state-approved certification exam. Prerequisites for the exam usually state that the person must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent, and have completed an approved training course.
Eligibility for Testing
At the conclusion of their training program, students should contact a certifying agency (e.g. www.ascp.org) and follow its individual procedures. Please note that verification of training is very important. All certifying agencies require completed training documentation on official school letterhead, along with a letter of authenticity, as proof of having satisfied this requirement.
Sitting for the Exam
Following the submission of the letter of authenticity and a fee (around $125 in most cases), the last step is to take the phlebotomy certification exam. It is important to remember that each certification board has its own examination. Be aware that the exact material covered on the exam can differ depending on who you get certified through.
Earning Your Phlebotomy Certification in California
Attending an accredited program is the essential piece. This will guarantee that you have satisfied all of the prerequisites for certification testing in California.
Obviously, not all phlebotomy schools are the same, but the information covered should be. After completing the phlebotomy training program, you will have all the information to pass the certification exam, but what you need is practice and time spent practicing the art of venipuncture.
Getting certified in phlebotomy is also about knowledge and function. You will acquire the knowledge and function from the accredited training course, so remember to just take your time, relax and follow the required steps listed by the certifying agency you choose. If you did well in your phlebotomy training classes, then you will become a certified phlebotomist, because with proper training, the knowledge and skills will be achieved.
Recommended Phlebotomy Training Programs in California
- Hemodialysis Technician
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- 100+ locations and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
Please Call 855-816-4001 to speak to a customer representative.
Nursing@Simmons, the innovative, online nursing degree program from Simmons School of Nursing and Health Sciences prepares Registered Nurses for the next stage of their careers.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Get hands-on training with Le Cordon Bleu Schools of North America. We offer programs in culinary arts, pastry and baking, and hospitality and restaurant management at campuses across the United States.
Capella combines outstanding academics with a supportive faculty and staff in a program designed for working adults.
An education that blends theory and practice to fuel your career
Earn Your Degree from U.S. News & World Report-Ranked Florida Tech – 100% Online
Grounded in a tradition of excellence since 1958, a degree from Florida Tech puts you in good company. With a longstanding reputation of unmatched academics, Florida Tech has educated NASA scientists, CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and highly decorated military generals. Join distinguished alumni and empower yourself with a career-building degree that employers value.